The second T20I match between India and Sri Lanka will be played on 26th February 2022. The 2nd T20I match will be located in Lucknow at HPCA Stadium.
India Vs Sri Lanka will face each other for a three match series.
This article contains details about Ind vs SL Match as well as Dream11 Team Prediction. You can use this team prediction to create your own team and win real cash for playing fantasy cricket on best fantasy app of your choice.
Ind Vs SL Match Details
|Match||Ind Vs SL 2nd T20I|
|Tour||Sri Lanka Tour of India|
|Date||26th February 2022|
|Time||7:00 pm IST|
|Weather||Probably very less chances of rain to occur. Whereas the least temperature is expected to be around 16 degree celsius & maximum 29 degree celsius.|
Ind Vs SL Pitch Reports
- Till now, out of 4 matches, the batting first team has won all the matches.
- Besides this, the average score while batting first is 166.
- Thus, batting first will be the better option to be chosen by both the teams.
Ind Vs SL Match Preview
Both the teams met each other for the last T20I match on 29 July 2021. Unfortunately India lost that series by 2-1 due to the unavailability of the star players. Indian openers and middle order struggle a lot with their inconsistent batting.
But the new era of Rohit Sharma as the Indian Captain began with the ultimate 3-0 whitewash against Carribbeans. Rohit Sharma led the team with a great mindset and new strategies.
Besides this, SuryaKumar Yadav and Venkatesh Iyer performed outstandingly with the bat.
Meanwhile, Harshal Patel has emerged as the death overs specialist with 5 wickets in 3 matches. Thus, all these players can be the game changer against the Srilankan Team.In addition, Avesh Khan and Ruturaj Gaikwad may get an opportunity in the series.
Considerably, Sri Lanka has lost the previous five-match series against Australia by 4-1. In that series, openers have given the exact start but middle order can’t take it to the big total. Thus, the middle order has to work hard for that. In addition, the spin combination of Wanindu Hasaranga and Maheesh Theekshana could be dangerous for Team India.
So it’s time to see the extreme battle between both the teams.
Ind Vs SL Head to Head Stats in T20I
|Total Matches||India||Sri Lanka||Drawn||No result|
Team Ind Updates
IND Squad for T20I Series:
Rohit Sharma (c), Ishan Kishan (wk), Shreyas Iyer, Sanju Samson, Ravindra Jadeja, Deepak Hooda, Venkatesh Iyer, Harshal Patel, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Jasprit Bumrah, Yuzvendra Chahal
Important News about Indian Side:
Team SL Updates
SL Squad for T20I Series:
Pathum Nissanka, Niroshan Dickwella, Charith Asalanka, Dinesh Chandimal (wk), Dhananjaya de Silva, Dasun Shanaka (c), Chamika Karunaratne, Dushmantha Chameera, Praveen Jayawickrama, Jeffrey Vandersay, Lahiru Kumara
Important News about Sri Lankan Side:
- Binura Fernando are back after missing the previous matches due to Covid19.
- Waninudu Hasaranga has again tested positive so he is ruled out of the series.
- Avishka Fernando, Nuwan Thushara and Ramesh Mendis returned to Sri Lanka due to the injuries.
- Dinesh Chandimal and Danushka Gunathilaka retain their places back.
- After the tremendous performance in domestic cricket, Ashian Daniel has been included.
- Maheesh Theekshana and Dushmantha Chammera might be the dangerous players against India.
Ind Vs SL Predicted 11 Choices
- Best three batsmen choices could be Rohit Sharma, Ishan Kishan and Pathum Nissanka.
- Jasprit Bumrah, Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Lahiru Kumara turns out to be a good pick for bowlers side.
Ind Vs SL: Captain and Vice- Captain Choices
- Rohit Sharma can be one of the top captaincy choices. Overall, Rohit Sharma has a very low average of 22.23 in 13 innings with 289 runs. Although, Rohit Sharma is in outbreaking form nowadays. So be aware Srilankan Team!!!!
- Yuzvendra Chahal has an outstanding record against Sri Lanka. In just 7 innings, he took gigantic 15 wickets at an average of 16.06. Also one of the main reasons can be the Srilankan middle order collapse.
- From the Sri Lankan side, Dushmantha Chameera is the reputed & flawless fast bowler. Also he showed his excellent bowling skills in the previous series. He also took crucial 14 wickets in 12 innings at an economy of 7.46.
- The Srilankan Opener Pathum Nissanka has an enormous run rate against Australia. In the last series, he scored 184 runs in just 5 matches. Thus, he might perform wonderfully in the powerplay.
Ind Vs SL : Differential Picks
- Ultimately, Harshal Patel has shown his skills to the die-hard fans. The batting is hard against him due to his magnificent yorkers and slower balls.
- Wanindu Hasaranga has already performed well in the IPL and against India too. Currently, He is one of the most excellent All-Rounders. So he might trouble the Indian batsman if he recovers from Covid19.
- Similarly, Ravindra Jadeja and Jasprit Bumrah, back in the squad, can break the important partnership of the Srilankan batsmen.
Ind Vs SL Match Prediction
Suryakumar Yadav and Venkatesh Iyer also contributed crucial runs in the final ten overs. By the way, Srilankan bowlers are their strength. Although, the hosts are considered to be favorites. Therefore, this match is going to be the greatest rivalry between both the teams.
Predicted Dream11 Match Winner: India
Ind Vs SL Dream11 Team
Wicket Keepers: Ishan Kishan
Batsman: Rohit Sharma, Suryakumar Yadav, Pathum Nissanka, Charith Asalanka
All-rounders: Ravindra Jadeja, Wanindu Hasaranga,
Bowlers: Harshal Patel, Jasprit Bumrah, Yuzvendra Chahal, Dushmantha Chammera
Frequently Asked Questions
When will the 2nd T20I match between India Vs Sri Lanka be starting?
The second T20 International match will be starting from 7:00 pm IST. Following the toss at 6:30 pm IST.
Where is the 2nd T20I match between Ind and Sri Lanka hosted?
The very first match will be hosted at HPCA Stadium.
Where can I watch the live streaming of the 2nd T20I match?
You can easily watch the live streaming on the online platforms such as Sonyliv and JioTv.
Where will the second T20I match be broadcast?
Sony Sports Network has taken the broadcast. In addition, you can enjoy watching it on Sony Sports Network Channels.